Friday 4 August 2017

13 Weeks Pregnant

No, I'm not a day ahead of myself. Bo is. We had our dating scan this week and our due date has been bumped up by a day!

Speaking of which, Hello World:


I've not posted because of a combination of reasons; I got sicker, my Mum came to visit, I got even sicker.

I've had a bit of a battle to get further treatment for the hyperemesis which saw me hitting complete rock bottom on Monday but luckily I saw a brilliant consultant on Wednesday who spotted signs of liver damage, got me on more medication and started treatment for malnutrition as well. I narrowly avoided another hospital admission but all this is for a much longer blog post.

Bo has been totally unaffected by all this. If anything he's been thriving, possibly because he's doing everything I have. He's now a day ahead of schedule and expected to arrive February 9th instead of 10th.

He's got arms, legs, a brain, a stomach and a beautiful little beating heart. He had a little stretch and a wiggle, then got bored with the whole being scanned thing and rolled over to turn his back on us. Of course, he may still be a she, but for now we'll go with he for simplicity's sake.

We next get to check in on him at the end of September which seems at once both really near and an an eternity away.

I'm hoping I continue to respond well to the new meds and as I'm now able to do more than just lie in a dark room, perhaps I'll even be able to get caught up on blogging again.

Keep everything crossed.

6 comments:

  1. Was just thinking you'd been quiet and hoping all was well. Glad it's all good news (apart from the sickness of course).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck and all the best with the wonderful news ... enjoy the weekend - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you've been feeling ill. Glad to hear everything is going well with Bo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking kid! Glad things are moving forward in a positive way. The nausea sounds horrible though. Glad you are getting a handle on it.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. :-)