Monday 14 September 2015

Review: Jacob's Cracker Crisps

At the end of last year I signed up with BzzAgent which allows members to fill in surveys and receive free products to test and review. They warn you that you may only get one BzzCampaign a year because they'll only send you an invitation if it's something that will be relevant to you, but thus far I've been pretty lucky and received several products to review. They always show up at convenient times as well.

One of my most recent Campaigns was for Jacob's Cracker Crisps.

I'm always excited when I get an invitation for a new Campaign and when I read I would be sent three packs (one of each flavour) of the new Jacob's Cracker Crisps I figured they'd be little sample size packs. I was wrong, I received one of each Sweet Thai Chilli, Sour Cream and Chive, and Sea Salt and Balsamic Vinegar to try out and report back to BzzAgent about.

As I was looking for some good snackies to pack in my bag on the way to and from Wales, I was thrilled. I mean, who doesn't want to get free edible stuff?

The Cracker Crisps are basically a cross between a cracker and a crisp. Think Mini Cheddars but with a lot more flavour and they're supposed to be a lot healthier than crisps. This latter point appealed to me since, along with the girls I work with, I'm on a health kick. It's a bit of a failing health kick (since as I'm writing this I'm munching on some chocolate) but the intention is there and when I'm choosing snacks I am thinking about what's in them.


I'm not really a fan of spicy food so I knew from the start that the Sweet Thai Chilli ones would probably not be up my street. I did try one or two though, as a BzzAgent it is my duty after all. But I soon passed them on to Mr Click who is far more spicily inclined than I am. I did eat enough to note that they have a really strong flavour and, if you like spicy stuff, they've got a bit of a bite to them.
I made do with the Sour Cream and Chive ones which were much more to my liking. They're incredibly more-ish and it took quite a bit of self-restraint not to eat the whole packet with my lunch. I wanted to save some to take on the picnic walk I did with some of the girls from work. As I have to report back to BzzAgent on the products I try, I like to try and share them with as many people as I can.

They were a big hit. Everyone agreed that the flavour was really strong and that they would probably go well with a dip of some kind. You could stick bowls of them out at a party for people to help themselves to, or have them as a side dish with a sandwich, salad or small snacky meal. They were perfect for a picnic.

I didn't try the Sea Salt and Balsamic Vinegar ones until I was travelling down to Wales, saving what I thought would be my favourite ones til last. I have to admit though, the Sour Cream and Chive ones are actually my favourite. The Sea Salt and Balsamic Vinegar ones are a little heavy on the vinegar. I wouldn't say it's overpowering but I can't go back to them as easily as I can with the others.

Hopefully they'll increase the range in the future because these are definitely something I'll pick up again in the future.


If you're in the UK and you want to try these, leave a comment below because I have three 50p off coupons for the first three commenters who want to try some. Just leave a comment and I'll send you the link.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not in the UK so we don't get those here but I love finding a new chip or cracker that I like. Congrats on getting to try these out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully they'll bring out something similar in the States in the future. I'm not sure these'll be a staple in my shopping basket, but I'll definitely try them out as a treat in the future.

      Delete

Let me know what you think. :-)