Friday 30 January 2015

Chapter-by-Chapter: The Slippery Slope

I love that we've reached the tenth book in The Series of Unfortunate Events now. We're sailing through the series and aside from a few little hiccoughs where I've ended up behind, we're making good time. I'm enjoying rereading them and I think I'm looking at them a little closer as I'm writing these posts. That's got to be a good thing, since I quite often speed-read these books and so I've obviously missed things before.


I don't remember much about this book, other than the fact that it takes place in cold and snowy mountains and that Carmelita Spats makes a reappearance in it. I think I have a fairly valid excuse for not remembering these ones so well as the earlier ones. I used to reread each book when a new one was coming out, so I've read the first ones many more times than the later ones.

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

The cover of this book shows Violet, sporting a stylish poncho and climbing up a steep mountainside. I think that's a candlestick in her hand. I'm guessing this is one of Violet's super duper inventions. Beneath Violet is someone's hand, I'm going to guess that's Klaus. It looks pretty wild and windy up there... a little like the weather we've had in Scotland over the last few weeks.

This book's spine is a nice light blue colour with a reddish coloured border. At first glance I thought they were Violet's bows but looking at them closer I think that they might be bugs or flies. I think there are some sort of vicious insects in one of these books so this might be it.

Other than that I know nothing about this book. I just hope that Violet, Klaus and Sunny are reunited in this one because they've come to rely on their little sister to act as the series has gone on. Without Sunny around Violet and Klaus could very easily become utterly paralysed in inaction!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. :-)