Thursday 28 August 2014

Wreck This Journal: Place Sticky Things Here

So many of these pages in this journal are ongoing. I suppose you could probably do something to the page and call it complete but I like to see the pages growing and changing. It might look one way for a little while but then the fancy will take me and I'll add to it so that it takes on a different style.

The Place Sticky Things Here page is one of those. Now the instructions suggest that you might like to put things like honey, gum, syrup, glue, sucker, marshmallow onto this page, which would definitely make it sticky. As I started work on this page fairly soon after acquiring the journal I decided to go a slightly different route with this page. I wasn't ready to get too messy too soon.

See if you can spot the Yoda-nose in this picture.
As you can see in the picture above, I decided to stick stickers onto my sticky page. This enabled me not to get gooey honey all over the book just days after I'd received it. A colleague at work was having a clear out so gave me a sheet of stickers which I went wild with all over the book.

Obviously they are Christmas stickers so there's a decided Christmas slant to this page at the moment. Even though I've added a couple more stickers since then, namely stickers that came on some socks that Mr Click got me.


This is a page that I can see myself adding to for a long time yet. I'm keeping my eye out for cheap stickers in stationery shops so I can go totally wild adding to the ones already on this page. I'm still reserving judgement on the really sticky stuff. I'm getting braver now, perhaps I'll leave a lollipop that I'm eating on the page at some point, or using this page to lean on while I'm applying glue to the backs of things I've cut out of magazines to stick in here.

I'm slowly getting braver about wrecking my journal.

2 comments:

  1. This would totally gross me out because I really hate stickers - urghhhhh *shudder*

    I love the idea of this journal in general though and have enjoyed seeing what you've done on different pages!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah my sticky things page would not be good for you.

      It is a really fun book though. I love how everything is open to interpretation so no two books will look the same.

      Delete

Let me know what you think. :-)