Sunday 12 January 2014

Weekly Rundown

This week's been a bit of a busy one. We're at that 'back to normal' time of the year where you have to dust yourself off and go back to five-day weeks. I wasn't quite ready to do that so I took Friday off to go see The Hobbit on the mainland. I loved it, by the way, and will be writing a proper post on it later.

So, aside from galavanting off to the mainland, what've we been up to in the House of Click...

I got my third TMA written and submitted. I'll share a word cloud and some of my thoughts on the assignment in the coming week.

I've read two books; The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling on my Kindle and The Stories of English which I'm working on at the moment. I'm still writing up reviews of books I read last summer so I'm sure I'll get round to reviewing these eventually. I decided to kick the year off with The Jungle Book purely because Mr Click got me the Disney film for Christmas and we watched it at the end of the year, seemed like the right book to pick.

I've been watching so many things this week. Sherlock and Silent Witness have been back on TV so we've been catching them on iPlayer when we're at my in-laws' house. Silent Witness has gone through some big changes in the last two series (namely losing two of the main characters) which I'm still getting used to but Sherlock seems to be going from strength to strength.

We're still not back to watching ER since our blu-ray player is funny about playing some double-sided DVDs, ER being one of them. We've started watching the month series of Friends so the end is nearly in sight there.

And we've been watching films. Lots and lots of films. We watched virtually every Michael Caine film we own, after Mr Click got the Harry Palmer boxset, I particularly enjoyed seeing St. Petersburg again.

We've also watched An American Tail and the X-Men blu-rays I got for Christmas. Oh, and obviously The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, in 3D and it was great!

Knitting wise I've ceased to be a monogamous knitter. I'm working on my Beekeeper's Quilt alongside my current project, a knitted octopus. He currently has no legs and looks a bit worried about it so we've been calling him Oscar the Anxious Octopus. In between knitting each part I do a hexipuff in each colour I used for that bit, in the case of the legs that's three puffs for each leg completed. As the octopus has eight legs, plus a stripy hat and scarf, he's making for a good boost to my hexipuff quota (and I'm staying ahead of my one a day target).

I also received my copy of The Big Book of Knitted Monsters by Rebecca Danger that I ordered over Christmas. I can't wait to get stuck into knitting some crazy creatures.

Other than that both Mr Click and I have colds. Let me tell you sore throats are no fun when you have to spend all day talking to people! But it's been a good excuse (as if I need one) to spend the weekend begging in front of the TV, knitting, with my jammies on!

Kind of like a less furry version of this:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. :-)