Thursday 16 January 2014

Day Zero Project: Cook romantic meal for my husband

In our house Mr Click is the king of the kitchen. Usually when I venture in there I injure myself, so we've established that it's probably safest if I just stay away.

That said, I can actually cook, when I put my mind to it. I can cook very yummy jam tarts and mince pies, though I've not made any for a while. I have even cooked full roast dinners, including meat, whilst I was a vegetarian, so I'm not completely hopeless.

All the same, I usually leave the cooking to Mr Click purely because he's so much better at it than me. He's a very good cook, and everything is at the right level for him. He's almost a full foot taller than me so he can reach the things on the top shelves. I can't, so I have to run around with steps to be able to reach stuff. It's simpler to leave it all to him.

Here's one I didn't prepare earlier...
But I'd really like to make up a nice romantic meal for him. I'm hoping we'll be able to pick up a suitable dining table for our house at some point and then I'd like to do the works, nice music, low lighting, candles and something yummy in the kitchen.

Considering we're in January at the moment, I've got plenty of time to build up to it. I've no idea when I'd do it. I'd like to make it a surprise, but it'll take some work to come up with something yummy and interesting for him without him realising what I'm planning. Perhaps one day when he's out of the house I'll hijack his slow cooker.

Whatever I cook, and whenever I do it, I'll post photos and let you know how it goes... and what the fire brigade say!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. :-)