Wednesday 4 September 2013

Things That Make Me Smile


One of my major side effects to the medication that I'm on for the IVF at the moment is the crazy hormonalness that I'm experiencing. I've actually started a list of weird things that have made me tear up at the moment. I'll maybe share that in a future post!

Today I thought I'd share some of the things online that make me smile (aside from my friends' blogs, which you can find the links to in my sidebar). You've probably seen some of these before but they're always worth a look again, especially if you're having a bad day.


Damnyouautocorrect
This is a website which collects those awful corrections that your phone likes to throw into your texts at the most inappropriate moments. My own autocorrects tend to be fairly innocuous (blu-ray becomes blurry, love is lobe or live, my old phone used to give you nun and circuit before mum and biscuit in the predictive text mode) but Damnyouautocorrect has some real gems, often the responses are even funnier than the original autocorrect!

Hyperbole and a Half
I've mentioned this as one of my favourite blogs to read on here before but Allie's blog is really funny. I love the way she sees the world and writes about her experiences, and her cartoons fit her posts perfectly. Even her post on depression has a unique way of describing things which makes it really easy to relate to. I have my favourite posts there which I'll check back in on every once in a while but occasionally I'll go right back to the beginning and read them all again because they never get old.

Cake Wrecks
Another funny blog which I don't visit nearly as often as I used to, but which can be guaranteed to bring a smile to your face. This is a blog where people submit photos of really bad cake designs and Jen offers commentary on what you can see. Most of the cakes speak for themselves but like Damnyouautocorrect the commentary helps to really highlight the hilarity of what is otherwise a complete disaster.

Television Without Pity
This is a site I used to visit regularly in my teens as it provides summaries of TV shows as they air in America. Modern teens can just download the latest episodes of their favourite shows using torrents these days but in my days you had to make do with little clips uploaded to file sharing sites and summaries posted on places like TWoP. Rewatching ER has made me feel nostalgic for those old times so it's cool to relive the anticipation of waiting for your favourite shows to be written up on there, knowing you might have three months or more before you'd get to see them for real.

Angry Alien
This is a really old site but it's so funny that I can't help checking back on it from time to time. Basically it's little animated films showing the important points in films, performed by rabbits. Yup, totally bizarre, but very funny. I especially love Titanic, King Kong and The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

TV Tropes
Warning, if you click on the above link prepare to lose several hours of your life. I've taken to looking up whichever films we happen to put on during our Saturday film sessions. From there you find yourself clicking through to find other examples of those tropes and before you know it, it's time for bed! I've put this one last because once you've visited it you won't have time to look at the other sites.

What are some of your favourite time wasting sites?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. :-)