Sunday 16 June 2013

Project 52: Week 24 - Flight

I was really clutching at straws for a photo this week. Normally a theme like flight wouldn't faze me at all. I live on an island with millions of birds and flying things so it would usually be a question of taking my camera out for a walk with me and snapping the first thing with wings that I saw.

But this week I had my Open University exam on the Thursday, as well as a trip off the island to Glasgow Nuffield the Wednesday before (more about that tomorrow), so my head was kind of in other places. I've been trying to take a photo of the pheasant that keeps on visiting the holiday cottage garden next door to us, and I thought that this would be a good excuse to try snapping him. Of course he only put in an appearance once and I wasn't quite quick enough with the camera.

I was really at a loss by the time today rolled around and I still didn't have anything to show for this week's theme (with the exception of a bunch of photos of the Scotsman I'm knitting, but he's not flying either). Mr Click suggested paper aeroplanes, which seemed like a brilliant idea, except it turned out that neither of us can actually remember how to fold a paper plane so that plan backfired somewhat.

He suggested I bring my camera to my in-laws' house because they get all sorts of wildlife in their garden. This turned out to be a really good idea and although the picture was kind of taken as a last minute thing, I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

Week 24: Flight
It was one of several photos I was snapping of the seagulls flying overhead and whereas my other favourite was just blue sky, I prefer this one for the contrast of the blue sky and white clouds. I touched it up a little, just to make the seagul appear slightly darker so it stood out more. I toyed with the idea of making it completely black but I prefer it this way, rather than as a sort of seagull-shaped cutout.

Next week's theme is sunshine which hasn't been too much of a problem recently, though we've a couple of really wintery days so who knows what the weather's going to be up to this week. I may have to improvise by drawing a picture of the sun or something!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. :-)