Sunday 9 June 2013

Project 52: Week 23 - Chairs

I have to admit that I missed a fantastic opportunity for this photo way back at the beginning of the week. There were a couple of folding chairs left out on the grass at Kerrycroy for a couple of days and every time we drove past them I thought ‘that’d make a really good photo for my Project 52’ but I didn’t have my DSLR on me. I don’t know why this should have stopped me from taking a photo since I always have my phone (which has a camera) and I have a little (slightly worn-out now) compact as well. Either way, by next time we went past there were no more chairs.

I’ve been a bit lazy about taking photos this week. Mainly because I’ve been focusing on revision for my exam this week (yikes! So scary to think that it’s this week now!) so when I’ve been getting in on an evening I’ve been throwing myself into my course books and then I’ve just been wanting to read or knit instead of take photos. I’m sure I’ll get back on track once I’ve got the exam out the way.

We don’t really have many chairs at home. We have a couple of the folding beach ones ourselves (though they tend to be used for spare seating when we have more visitors than seats) and then I have a comfy armchair. We don’t have a dining room table or any outdoor seating (yet, this week I’ve been longing for a beach lounger to laze on out in the sun with my course books) so I felt like my photography options were slightly limited.

Luckily my in-laws have chairs galore, and Mr Click wanted me to take my camera with me this Sunday so I could take some new photos for his Facebook and Twitter profiles so this seemed like the perfect excuse to hold off trying to get a good photo until this weekend. And this is what I’ve ended up with:

Week 23: Chairs
I realise that this is a singular chair, rather than a plural one. If it makes it any better, its twin is round the corner of the house, so it does exist, it's just not in the frame.

I'd actually taken a couple of photos in my in-laws' dining room of the chairs there, but the light in there wasn't great. We were out in the garden taking photos and I just snapped this one of the allotment that my father-in-law has been making. I fiddled around with the lighting a little bit because I wanted to make it look a little bit old-fashioned. It was just a quick photo but I quite like it.

My Mum-in-law's asked me to take a photo of my Father-in-law in the garden at some point as well. The weather is so nice at the moment that I'm hoping to get lots of photos out there. I might even let Mr Click take my camera occasionally so maybe we'll get a few photos with me in them as well.

Next week's photo will be flight which will probably give me another opportunity to try and take some photos of birds flying around, or other things that happen to be up in the air. Hopefully once my exam is out of the way I'll be able to get some more interesting photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. :-)