Monday 15 April 2013

Blog Spotlight

What is it they say about the best laid plans? This post has been a little disrupted by my lack of internet access and editing it on my phone seems to have done something a bit screwy with the formatting. For that I apologise and I'll fix it as soon as I'm able.

The A to Z Challenge has made me more aware of the blogs that I like to read but don’t necessarily comment on very often. It’s easily done, especially when you maybe don’t share too many hobbies with the person whose blog you’re reading, or if you don’t know them particularly well and don’t want to come across as being a bit of a stalker.

To rectify this I’m trying to do a ‘blog spotlight’ once a month, where I pick a blog that I follow but don’t comment on too frequently, and share one or two of my favourite posts that they’ve written. At the moment I’m trying to focus on some of the blogs of friends that I know from another site, they’re part in a nail art challenge and are fantastically creative. I always like looking at how they’ve all responded to the week’s challenge, but I never know what to say ‘I like your nails’ always seems a bit bland.

So I’m hoping that by doing a little spotlight on their blogs I can share the
love a little bit. It’s a bonus either way you look at it; hopefully people who read my blog but don’t read theirs will head over and take a look to give their stats a boost, plus I can let them know that I am reading their blog and I enjoy it.

I’m always on the lookout for new and interesting blogs myself as well, so if
you’re reading mine and have a blog yourself, share the link so I can check it
out.

4 comments:

  1. That's such a good idea. I follow many blogs, and sometimes I have nothing to say but I do regularly read their posts. This is a sweet way of telling them you're still listening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I thought it would be a good way to let my friends know I was reading their blogs. I'm planning on posting once a month and since the A to Z Challenge I've increased the number of blogs I'm following so I should be good for the next few years!

      Delete
  2. ♥♥ I just checked the blogger comment page & it's telling me you've commented on my blog a few times but I can't see the comments (I use Disqus, so maybe that's why? - I've tried importing blogger comments into Disqus and I'm waiting for that to happen, so fingers crossed) but I just wanted to say thanks for commenting - I'm really not that ignorant, I promise! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny, I'm not familiar with Disqus. Hope you're able to see my comments :-)

      Delete

Let me know what you think. :-)