Thursday 18 April 2013

#atozchallenge - Pregnancy

Obviously this isn’t something that I have any person experience of, apart from the previously mentioned, incredibly vivid, dreams. At the moment pregnancy is something that happens to everyone else and as happy as I am for my friends whenever they announce the imminent arrival of their offspring, a little bit of me is a teeny tiny bit jealous.


I’ve got a number of friends and online acquaintances that I know from forums who have taken a long time to get pregnant, often with varying degrees of medical assistance, and somehow the way I feel for them when they announce their pregnancies is slightly different. It’s not that I’m less happy for my friends who have happy accidents, it’s just that I think I can appreciate the pleasure in the announcement of someone who’s been trying for so long to get what they really want.

Over the last few years I’ve read up quite a bit about pregnancy; symptoms, what to expect and the like. I’ve always been the sort of person who likes to read about things before I actually try doing them, normally that’s things like going to a particular place on holiday or trying a certain hobby, but I like to think that in theory I know what is involved. Unfortunately that means that I’ve got rather a medical outlook on the whole process (on day x the foetus looks like this) rather than a more emotional one.It’s like when you go on holiday and you read about all the places and look at pictures, but you can’t really get an idea of what it’s going to be like until you’re actually there.

It probably sounds ridiculous, but I’m really looking forward to experiencing pregnancy. After waiting so long I’m actually longing for the day when I can have morning sickness, which is just about as bizarre as it sounds because I have this sort of phobia of throwing up. It’s all the little things associated with having a baby that I’m looking forward to, and if and when the day comes, I’m going to enjoy the hell out of every minute of it; even the slightly less than enjoyable moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. :-)