Wednesday 12 December 2012

Christmas Countdown: Sweet Bells

I realise that I've rather neglected proper Christmas carols in my countdown so far. I suppose this reflects my upbringing, the only time I really listened to or sang them was at school during the run up to Christmas, they weren't fun in the same way as most of the others that I'm sharing here.

That's not to say I don't have my favourite carols, but I tend to listen to the other songs more. Anyway, this one is a proper carol, I mean the video below appears to come from Songs of Praise, so that's a pretty good indicator.

It's by a Yorkshire singer, Kate Rusby, who I first discovered singing the theme song to Jam & Jerusalem. She's got a brilliant voice and you can hear her accent when she sings, which is something I love. It makes her music really quirky and distinctive and this is one of my favourite songs of hers:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. :-)