Sunday 26 February 2012

Sorting My Schedule & Project 365+1 Day 57

Looks like I've solved the scheduling problem. Of course, it was something really obvious and simple (it's also something which I swear I checked before I switched to the new Blogger interface, so hopefully that's it sorted this time). Basically I've been set to the wrong time zone, so it has been scheduling posts, but eight hours later than I was planning for them to posted.

Oh well, alls well that ends well. Hopefully it won't go shifting me back in time again any time soon.

And as well as getting that sorted. I've also had my letter come through from the hospital. It's dated the 23rd, so they obviously got it sorted the day after we phoned them. It's just as well that we did, because if it had come any later, it would have caused problems.
Day 57: A Long-Expected Letter
It's come with a leaflet explaining the things that I wanted to know. Helpful little things like don't bring large amounts of money with you (presumably bribing the staff is frowned upon), you can bring your own dressing gown or they'll lend you one (I'm inclined to borrow one of theirs considering I rarely wear mine and I'd be worried about messing it up there and not having it for when I get back), and that you should have a responsible adult there for you that night (not sure where we're going to get one of those at such short notice ;-D).

Actually getting the letter makes it seem a little bit more scary and real. I've had a couple of operations under local anaesthetic before (once to remove 2.5" of wood from my leg and once to fix a ganglion in my wrist). Speaking to a friend earlier today I realised exactly what it is that kind of freaks me out about it (aside from the fact that someone's going to be y'know, rummaging around in my insides); it's the fact that I'll be going to sleep in one place and waking up in another.

I've had sleep-walking episodes in the past (one particularly memorable one involved managing to get from a top bunk bed to a bottom one, whilst my ankle was in a cast, have no idea how I managed it!) and I hate that disorientating feeling when you come round somewhere which definitely isn't the place where you went to sleep. I don't think it'll be very nice to experience that alongside the pain and discomfort following the operation.

And hopefully I'll get some information about what's going on inside me. I'm really hoping that they'll be able to tell me something right away, rather than saying "you'll hear from us next week" because I really want to know what we're up against.

So you'll have to excuse me getting slightly freaked out over the next couple of weeks. I'm trying to strike the right balance between too much Googling (so you read every horror story) and not enough (so you go in without thinking to ask any of the right questions).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. :-)